Saturday, September 17, 2011

NaNoWriMo

Hey guys!
So todays post won't be a book review (btw I'm sorry I didn't post for so long, I have a few good ones coming up, I promise!) but I'm gonna be talking about something that has to do with books. The NaNoWriMo, short for National Novel Writing Month (the picture above is the website's header) is from November 1st till November 30th and they want YOU! What do they want you for? To write a novel.
A book of 50 000 words is the goal of everybody who is participating.

Personally, I got no idea why they had to choose November - I guess because it's sad, foggy and rainy and you spend your whole time at home anyways - and I'm not really okay with this particular month being the NaNoWriMo because I have to finish my seminare paper untl Nov. 8th and then I have lots of exams coming up.

I found someone in a forum talking about NaNoWriMo (dude that's hard to write with all the capital letters in the middle) and I remembered I had heard about it last year through a tweet by Cassandra Clare but I didn't really care so I didn't check what it was. I did this year and now I'm all excited (which is probably bad news for me considering the stuff in November I wrote down in the last paragraph).

Basically, you sign up on the website and then starting November 1st, midnight in your time zone, you're allowed to start writing your story - with any program you want - and you just update your word count every day. At the end of the month you upload your novel to the website and an automatic programm counts the words to tell wether you cheated or not.

Alright that were kind of the basics, if you need any more info I suggest reading everything on the page. I think I'm goig to participate and I want you to participate, too, so that we can all motivate each other, maybe I'll write a post in the middle of November to tell y'all how things are going with it.

Have fun :)

P.S.: I'm really sorry I abandoned Kick Their Butt While Reading, as already said I have a few good posts coming up because during my vacation in Hungary I read 6 books :)

No comments:

Post a Comment